Wednesday 19 November 2014

Task 4C

So, as I was thinking about my questions, I was told I had to cover some other lessons on saturday as the teacher was sick. And as I was about to start baby tap, I had forgotten that there was a child who came who has severe autism. 

She also has noise sensitivity, so has to wear headphones so it doesn't hurt her ears. But her tap was incredible. For a child her age (7) her concentration skills were second to none, compared to some other children in the class who were not concentrating at all. 

In the class she has a helper who takes her to and from lessons, and also supports her in the class incase she doesn't understand fully what I am saying. And to my surprise, the lady who turned up was my friends mother!

I spoke to her for about 15 mins after the class, and asked some of the questions that were mentioned in my previous blog, and also asked her if there was anything I could improve on. I was really grateful for all the answers she gave me, and she said if I needed any other help/advice etc then I could contact her :)

Which has given me a massive boost - and it also got me thinking. Could I set some of the questions based from the teachers point of view? And also maybe the child/parent point of view? So have a case study (which could be the child in question) and see how far she comes in a 12 week basis (which is the length of a term)? 

One of the good points is that I don't teach her on a regular basis, so I have a teacher I can ask at the end of the class how she got on, also can ask the helper how they felt they got on too!!


Decisions decisions!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment