Wednesday 7 January 2015

Critical Reflection on Professional Practitioner Inquiry

In this module, I feel I have used a lot of the tools from Web 2.0 that I gained in Module 1, and feel I have developed them using the ideas of joining SIG groups (Please see appendix A), and also trying to use my reflective theory (please see appendix B) to help guide me in my final enquiry question. There are three areas that I am going to discuss further:
 - General ideas for enquiry
 - Professional Ethics
 - Tools to use in my professional enquiry.

When developing my lines of enquiry, I tried to think of ideas that would be of use to me now, or later on in the future. I wanted my enquiry to feature autism, as I have children that I teach that have the condition, and also someone close to me that has slight autism wants to start dance so I wanted to research for her if dance was the best outlet. (Appendix C) shows some of my ideas that I started to look at for my base ideas for my enquiry, also doing some trial questions for my SIG groups that I had joined regarding dance and autism gave me some good grounds to think on (Appendix D). After talking to my advisor, she explained it is a good base to start with but to really think about what will help me in the future. I then thought about what I teach, and noticed a variation  in what I actually teach in the class.
After speaking to fellow colleagues, and friends in the same aspect of dance, I have thought of ideas that will hopefully help me in my enquiry.

In this module, I have refreshed my memory on professional ethics. I used this to think about what I already do in my workplace (appendix E), and it has helped me with not only doing my enquiry plan, but also being able to guide other dance teachers with ethics.

Although I gained so much information in Module 1, this module I have gained valuable information on different tools to help with my enquiry. After reading Reader 6, I chose what I felt was the best tool to help me further my enquiry, and have considered what ethical problems may happen, and how to overcome these should anything happen.

In this module, I feel I could have planned my time a little better, which is something I will try and overcome in Module 3. I have found the importance of making and also developing professional friendships with my fellow BAPP colleagues in my relevant SIG groups, but also my current relationships with fellow professionals I work with. This has helped me developed my ideas and will hopefully help me produce a great enquiry.


Bibliography

stephanienatashajones.blogspot.co.uk.2014.Task 4B Sig Group.

stephanienatashajones.blogspot.co.uk.2014.Task 2C Reflective Theory.

stephanienatashajones.blogspot.co.uk.2014.Start of Task 4D.

www.plus.google.com.2014.108463473353760741486/posts.

stephanienatashajones.blogspot.co.uk.2014.Professional Ethics.


1 comment: