Monday 2 March 2015

Skype session with Paula

Today I had a really good skype session with Paula regarding where I am with my inquiry and also looking at some of my questions that I will be asking my interviewees.

We discussed how to explore in more depth on some of my answers that are 'given' and see if I can find any extra information that will help towards my enquiry. Looking at journals such as 'http://www.danceadvantage.net' and other blogs from other BAPP students should help with this.

Looking at some of my questions, we discussed on what influences my teachers may have had to decide on whether they were going to do syllabus work or non syllabus work, and I am going to research more into this, including trying to find someone in ISTD headquarters to speak and ask a few questions to help with writing my questions.

Paula asked me a good question 'why do children do exams/perform' and in all honestly I couldn't answer fully to begin with, but I think finding out more information with my interviewees answers and my own research will help figure out this question.

Also finding some good debates from some of my literature should give me some questions that my interviewees can sink their teeth into and give me thorough answers that I can analyse well.


Steph xx 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Stephanie - how is the inquiry going? have you completed your practitioner research? what are you finding out in terms of emerging findings? does this relate to your literature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Stephanie, hope the final week means your inquiry and findings are all coming together nicely?!
    Just out of interest, did you manage to interview someone from ISDT? I'd be interested in hearing what sort of responses they gave if you did. I understand though now that after having carried out my own inquiry myself, your plan changes! I'd wanted to interview drama teachers outside of my place of work to try and build an image of what drama lessons are being carried out in other school, but in the end it just wasn't practical for me to do so and time didn't allow for it. Maybe next time?!
    What do you know see as the reasons that children perform/do exams? If you honestly couldn't answer at the beginning, then whatever you now think means you have been on quite a learning journey!
    Hope it all goes well for our final week, take care,

    Pip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pip!

    Yes everything is coming together - just like a dance! Hope yours is too!

    Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to interview ISTD, in all honestly I let time run away from me and didn't get the chance too! But I agree with you, maybe next time I can discuss it further and see what they say. Its funny, when I first started this inquiry, I thought there would be a really strong reason why children did either exams or performances, but actually it was quite a simple one and had gone straight over my head! What about you? Have you felt like you have achieved what you wanted to in your inquiry?

    Thanks Pip, hope everything is good for you in our final week and see you soon maybe for the oral presentations!

    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete