Thursday 13 February 2014

Task 1A - Professional Profile

Hello again :)

I was meant to do this task a lot earlier, but teaching took its toll on me so I'm doing it tonight while I have some time to myself :)

So Task 1a... Professional Profile. As I have seen from other blog posts, most professional performers have two CV's - a performing CV and a 'Proper Work' CV. So I'm going to share both and I would love it if you could give me some feedback on it.


Performing CV
Normally I would have a picture as well, but I need some new head shots so I will leave it out for the time being.


Stephanie Jones      
Training: Bird College National Diploma in Dance and Theatre Performance 2007 - 2010

Height: 5’1’’                             Mobile no: xxxxxxxxxxx
               Hair: Blonde                                                          Email: xxxxxxxxxxx
               Eyes: Blue                                    Ni no: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                               Nationality: British                                                           Driving Licence: Full UK Clean
Theatre:
                                  
                                    Dance Teacher                    2013 - Present             Diamond School of Performing Arts       
                                     Dance Teacher                              2013 - 2014                Funstar Education
                                      Dance Teacher                              2013 - Present              The Kelly Marie School
Dance Teacher                   2012 - Present               Beacon Arts 
  Volunteer Dancer - Spirit of the Flame    08/2012       Olympic Stadium
      Cover Teacher                               2011/2012    Leanne Hughes Theatre School
Tesco Advert                   Extra               08/2011               Extras Broadcasting
Isme Advert                     Extra               08/2011               Extras Broadcasting
Barcardi Advert               Extra               04/2011               Extras Broadcasting

Range: A below top C - F below middle C

Special Skills - Dance : Ballet, Tap*, Jazz*, Contemporary*, National, Greek, Contact*, Jazz pas de deux*, Choreography, Fdi in Tap, Over Adv 2 in both Tap and Modern ISTD.


Other: Basic Gymnastics, Basic Roller skating/blading, Athletics, Flute - Grade 3, CRB Checked.


WORK CV
So this is my CV that I hand out for 'normal' jobs (so to speak)


Stephanie Jones
Mobile –  xxxxxxxxxxxx   Email –   xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Personal Information
D.O.B – 28/10/1990
Driving Licence – UK Full Clean
I am a hardworking individual who can work well in a team, as well as alone. I can supervise other members of staff as this was shown in my previous job. My experience is mainly retail, but I have done other jobs at some time or another. In my spare time I enjoy performing, teaching dance, taking longs walks with my dogs, exercise, baking and cross stitch.

Skills Profile
·         Knowledge of MS word, excel, and powerpoint.
·         Strong communication skills.
·         Can work well in a team or alone.
·         Good office based skills.
·         Good customer facing skills.
·         Self motivated.

Employment
Screwfix – November 2012 till present.
·         Trade supervisor – managing two members of staff on a daily basis.
·         Customer facing duties.
·         General office duties.
·         Sales driven role.

Beacon Arts – November 2012 till present
·         Teaching dance to children ages 6 to 14 in tap and modern.

B&Q PLC – April 2009 – November 2012
·         Customer sales assistant – helping members of the public.
·         Working on a till, handling money on a daily basis.
·         In charge of training new members of staff.
·         Sales driven role.
Education
Bird College – September 2007 – July 2010
Station Road, Sidcup DA15 7EB
National Diploma in Musical Theatre – Merit Plus.

Cedars Upper School – September 2004 – July 2007
Mentmore Road, Leighton Buzzard LU7 2AE
GCSE
English Language                      A                                  French                                                        
English Literature                       B                                  Business Studies          B
Maths                                       B                                  World History                C
Science (Double A                   C                                  Drama                          B

Reference
Lisa Sabatini (Owner of Beacon Arts) 
Lee McLaughlin (Manager of Screwfix Bletchley) 


So there you go - in my dream world that I like to go into sometimes, i would really like just one CV that I could use for both, but I don't think it would be possible?? Or does anyone have any ideas on what I could do?? Answers on a postcard please :)


Steph xxx


Just deleted some important info - as of the words of the scarecrow 'If I only had a brain.....'
(The Wizard of Oz, 1939) Thanks guys :) what would I do without you :)









4 comments:

  1. Hi Steph, I just think you should be aware that anyone can view this blog and you have posted details up such as your mobile number, NI number and phone numbers of your references! I'm just letting you know as I'm assuming this is private information that you may not want on a public platform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes same - I would put xxxxx where you are deleting details urgently… otherwise not sure you need the GCSEs - many to keep different CVs for different jobs - also this blog is a type of a public forum - so it is you the way you want to be as a professional. On the subject of head shots - what is happening there? do you have older ones that are no longer useful to a new image? do you have other professional sites you link to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pip, thankyou for pointing this out to me! I copy and pasted and it didn't click into my brain for some reason!

    Paula, Thankyou for your comments, in regards to head shots, I keep changing my hair an awful lot but I have booked some for the end of this month so watch this space!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of information our there - my mobile for instance - but that is the nature of what I do and I could end the phone quickly as I have over personal landline (both business and at home). I keep email addresses etc. that I can 'lose' if need be - so my gmail is one that is not my 'home' one. I think the idea is that we just think this part of our professional lives through.

      Delete