Monday 24 February 2014

Task 1B - Professional Communication Technologies

Hello,

Right I've got a MASSIVE break now at one of my teaching schools, so I'm using this time productively and writing the second task! (I then got busy, so thats why the delay is HUGE!)

Ok, so Professional Communication Technology. We all use this on a day to day basis whether we are performers, or bankers, or office workers etc. I don't actually know what we would do now if we didn't have the internet at our fingertips!

What I have learnt however, is that all of this is put into an umbrella called 'Web 2.0' and as I say to all my students that I teach 'you should learn something new each day!'

Anyway, I'm going to tell you the main uses of Web 2.0 that I use on a day to day basis:

Facebook
I honestly think I need some help weaning myself off this. I use this everyday, whether to check someones wall out, or to wish someone a happy birthday, and I have even gotten work out of Facebook! Everyone has it now, and it is great to find new things out, or find lost friends that you haven't seen in ages, and see photos of great times with great friends :) 'Facebook was not originally created to be a company. It was built to accomplish a social mission - to make the world more open and connected.' Zuckerburg,M. (2013) And i agree - he has definitely  accomplished that. HOWEVER - what I don't like is people putting random videos/pictures that clog up my newsfeed!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Twitter
I only joined on this bandwagon when I was at college, and to be honest, I didn't really know what I was doing! But now I use this on a daily basis as well. Its great to network with people, and also ask for any help/advice/feedback etc. I remember asking for a cake decoration course for my mum as a birthday present, and was inundated with replies! It is slowly becoming as popular as Facebook.

Dancers Pro
This little gem I found by chance when a friend of mine recommended it to help me find work when I was a bit down on my luck. I found this a great way find jobs/auditions - and 9 times out of 10 I got the job I applied for :). Yes you have to pay for this, but at £18 a month, it's not to shabby.

Google
I think everyone uses this to research, find answers, or ask it to do silly things like a barrel roll (just type it into the search bar and see what happens ;) ) but I don't know what we'd do now without this at our fingertips.


So there you have it, these are great everyday examples of Web 2.0 that everybody uses. What I would like to start looking into is my own website - and also linkedin. I have an account for this but I don't really know what I am doing with it! So if anyone can shed some light that would be great :)

Steph xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHcSS56ukGM




No comments:

Post a Comment